Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Country


Being from a super tiny town and now living in one of the largest cities in the world, I sometimes miss the small town/country life.  I try to get up to the country as much as I can, in upstate NY and Connecticut.   When I visit these places with the old drive in movies, ice cream and fruit stands on the corner of the roads, and little touring circuses, I arrive back in the city feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.  I always tell my partner "We need to get a place in the country, we need to get a place in the country!" It's good to have a balance, right?!  Well, until we get that fixer upper on the Hudson River, all I have is my new Coffee Table book, "Country" to keep me calm and relaxed.  I just flip through the pages and I remember to breathe again.

I know this book has been out for a while, but its perfection!  So, here are some photos I snapped of pages from Jasper Conran's Country. Conran lives in London and is one of UK's leading designers of clothing, accessories, jewellery, ceramics, crystal, furniture and interiors, along with costume and set design for ballets, operas, theatre and film.  Country life is a universal aspiration.  Jasper say's to achieve this dream "It is not about spending money, or "getting the look", it is about understanding, self-expression and getting back to the root of what makes us tick."

Photography by Andrew Montgomery.  Click on images to see the details!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. that's a very beautiful place. love the whole classic-oldish look. seems so warm and loving. :)

    ReplyDelete